BLUEWATER EXPRESS - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where do we go?
· BlueWater Express goes to Gili Trawangan in around two hours. We also drop at Teluk Kode on mainland Lombok, a few minutes from the Gili Islands
· Private charter trips for fishing, snorkeling and beach barbecue go to Penida and Lembongan Islands. This is where the best fishing and snorkeling locations are found, and the scenery along the coast is fantastic – horseshoe rock, bat rock and many beautiful beaches and coral reefs.
What type of boats do we operate, and what are they like?
· Our three boats are large, high performance speedboats ranging from 12m to 15m in length, carrying two, three or four 250hp Suzuki outboards. They have a top speed of more than 40 knots, and cruise comfortably at 30 knots. Passenger capacities are 15pax, 25pax and 30pax for our largest vessel, launched March 2009.
· All boats have toilet on board, and full cabin for complete weather protection. They also have large sundecks on the roof for good weather sailing.
· In 2011 we launch our 1,400hp Cougar Catamaran. Using the latest in water-jet and hydrofoil technology, this Australian designed hull will offer a fuel-efficient, smooth, fast ride with a cruising speed of 30kt+ and a seating capacity of 60 passengers. We expect to run two trips daily to the Gilis and Lombok: one to / from Serangan Harbor in South Bali, and one to / from Padang Bai in East Bali.
Where is departure and arrival point in Bali, and how do I get there?
· Serangan Harbour. This is just 15 – 20 minutes from hotels in Kuta, Legian, Seminyak area, avoiding the long road trip in heavy traffic to / from Padang Bai.
· Free hotel transfers are provided free of charge by BlueWater Express to most areas in south Bali
What are departure times and how long does the journey take?
· From Bali: 8.00am, with hotel pick up around 7.00am
· From Gili Trawangan: 11.00am
· From Teluk Kode Lombok : 11.30am
· Between Bali and Gili Trawangan / Lombok takes approx 2 hours
What safety equipment do you carry?
· SOLAS standard lifejackets for all passengers and crew
· Auto-inflating life-rafts for all passengers and crew
· Full set of distress flares and smoke signals
· GPS system
· Marine VHF ship-to-shore radio
· Throw rings
· EPIRB – Electronic Position Indicating Radio Beacon. This sends an automatic distress signal to the harbourmaster for three days, when immersed in water, giving exact position.
Are there any restrictions on who can travel?
· We travel at speed and the sea is sometimes choppy. We therefore do not recommend this form of transport for people with heart of back problems, pregnant women, or the elderly and infirm.
· For children under 3 years, parents need to complete a Disclaimer Statement releasing BlueWater Safaris and all its officers and/or employees, including agents, from negligence and any further legal action by any party in the event of an accident, prior to the trip.
Is passenger insurance included?
· Our insurance covers passengers between the age of 3 and 65 years old with Liability insurance of US$50,000 and medical insurance to US$5,000.
Why travel with BlueWater Express, rather than another transport carrier?
· Convenience of south Bali departure, just 20 minutes from Kuta
· No hustle from aggressive porters which often happens in public harbors such as Bangsal or Lembar in Lombok
· Fast, reliable boats with highly experienced captains and crew
· Longest running fastboat service from Bali to the Gili Islands
· Full compliance with safety regulations
· Use of excellent facilities at Bali International Marina on arrival / departure
· 100% Safety record